Thursday, August 05, 2010

I need new shoes

Running shoes, that is. I broke them after running in the marathon last July 4. I used that same pair in my last two marathons so the mileage on those shoes is probably around 400-500 kilometers already. I checked out the shoes in Runnr in Bonifacio High Street a few months ago and even did a running test (or whatever it's called). I was inclined to get a certain pair of shoes there but I wanted to get their input, and interestingly enough, they recommended the most expensive pair - P7,000!- and gave me a P5000+ pair as a secondary recommendation. It seemed that they were just intent on selling their top price items, so I passed on buying a new pair that time.

My friend Alvin who is also into running suggested that I visit Second Wind. I think the original store is in the UP Diliman area, but apparently there is another store in Ortigas Home Depot. I haven't been able to go to the gym recently because I have no athletic shoes, so I need pay a visit to Second Wind one of these days.

No comments: