Monday, August 02, 2010

American Idol shake-up

We all know that Simon Cowell won't be sitting as a judge on the next season of American Idol. But as it turns out, Ellen DeGeneres, who made her debut appearance on the show last season, won't be coming back. Read more about it here. It seems she will be replaced by Jennifer Lopez.

But on top of that, there are rumors that Kara DioGuardi won't be coming back as a judge either. There is no confirmation on this just yet, but if it does happen, you'd have only one familiar face on the judging table and a lot of new ones. I'm not sure if this is something the viewing public will appreciate, particularly since the judges play a large part in the show and it will take some time for new people to build rapport with the audience.

Makes me wonder how this will all play out. Not that it matters. I glossed over the last season, and I don't think that I'll be tuning into the next one any more than I did in the last.

No comments: