Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Errands

I've been working a whole lot recently so when one of my projects was completed last Friday, I decided to take a few days off and just spend some time away from the office. I had a lot of errands to work on so I figured I would sort some of them out during this time.

One of the things that had been pending for a while was getting my SSS ID. I went to the SSS Main office in East Avenue a few months back to get the form, but I didn't have enough time then to fall in line so I made my way back there yesterday at around 11am. When I arrived, I was given number 1281. As it turns out, they were just serving numbers 921 to 925. So about 260 to go LOL!

The good thing was that SSS had a lot of several service counters and the evaluation process didn't take more than a few minutes on average. So they would normally call the next 5 numbers every few minutes. SSS doesn't have a lunch break - there are relievers who take over - so by around 1230 my number got called.

When I got there, I was told that my SSS ID is apparently flagged as temporary because I didn't submit my birth certificate before. What's even crazier is that their system indicates that my SSS ID had already been released. I really don't remember getting my ID LOL so either it was released before and I didn't get it or I lost it. So my next steps now are to submit my birth certificate in the Makati office then return to the Main office to submit an affidavit of loss or an affidavit of non-receipt, then re-submit my SSS ID form. What a mess! LOL

Strangely enough, I wasn't upset or pissed off about the whole thing. Maybe being on leave and not running after deadlines made me a whole lot calmer than I normally am. In any case, I headed to Pasig to look for the L.G. Collins office to get a new remote control for our TV - the one we have now still works but really needs to be replaced. When I called them, they said the remote would cost P888 but when I got there, I just had to pay P532. Not sure how that happened but I ended up having an extra P356 that I had already parted with mentally.

With this "extra cash", I drove to Diao Eng Chay - or DEC as I call it - in Wilson to buy a half-dozen chicken pies. My friend Michele introduced me to their chicken pie back in high school and until now I still crave for it every now and then (I've eaten two of the six since, and I'm sure I'll eat one more today LOL). I decided to get some siomai and hakaw as well. The hakaw was so-so but the siomai was great!

I was also planning to have my microwave fixed - it had been broken for a really long time as well - but as it turns out, Whirlpool does house visits so the repairman came to my place last Saturday morning to fix it. It finally works!

So while I didn't head out of town during my leave, it's been very productive so far. My life surely feels in a bit more order than it did a few days ago. :)

1 comment:

pedrokomentaryo said...

hello ! you got a very nice blog...
I'm jealose... I would like to invite you to visit mine too,
I only invited few and selected people to visit and your one of them.
It's www.pedrokomentaryo-kapehan.blogspot.com..
more power and keep the good job...

ps. you can also visit me in FACEBOOK..pedro komentaryo..
and be a family of sharing.