Monday, June 02, 2008

Marathon training tracker - May 31

I was planning to run 12 kilometers on 1 hour and 20 minutes last Saturday. It was really hot that day and I knew dehydration could be a factor. And after my bad experience with feeling quite dehydrated in a 5k run I had earlier that week, I decided to make sure I had a water bottle with me during my training run.

I managed to run 12k but about 2 minutes slower than I had planned. Still, it's not bad. I am also loving the fact that my knees are still holding up and that I'm not experiencing any pain. Hopefully it stays that way. My next target is to run 10km on Wednesday and then to go 15km on Saturday. Let's hope I can achieve both these distances. There really isn't a lot of time for me to get to 42k, so the more long runs I can do between now and then, the better.

No comments: