Sunday, March 23, 2008

A double dose of Elliott Yamin

Last Thursday, I was getting ready to go the gym when my friend Emmy texts me "Turn on your TV. Elliott on Rachel Ray". Now I remember reading about Elliott Yamin's appearance on Rachel Ray a few months ago from the e-train but I never got to see the show. My TV was on so I just flipped the channel to the Lifestyle network. I caught Rachel Ray talking about on of her viewers - a 12-year-old girl who had diabetes. Rachel Ray invited this young girl to her show and asked her to come up on stage. A video was then shown of her and when the video ended, Rachel asked her who was standing right behind her? Lo and behold, it was Elliott! The girl (sorry, I forgot her name) was quite surprised by it and all she could initially say was "I'm a big fan."

After the break, Rachel talks with Elliott, and the discussion revolves mainly around the struggles that people with diabetes have to go through. This was clearly a few months back because Elliott said during the show that his album was almost gold, and all Elliott fans know now that his album has already reached Gold status (congrats, Elliott! :)) After the brief interview, Elliott performed his mega-hit "Wait for you". Rachel then proceeds with the rest of her cooking show, working on a recipe that is diabetic-friendly.

Shortly after that show, I caught American Idol in Starworld (the treadmills in the gym have TVs so I managed to catch it even while I was in the gym). Earlier that morning, another friend of mine, Meg, told me that AI would have an excerpt of Elliott visiting Angola for the Idol gives back program. I was expecting a video that showed a bit of Elliott but instead I was greeted with a really good feature that included him. And not only that. What was even better for me was that the video not only featured him but it also included my favorite female Idol of all time - Fantasia! It was so great seeing both of them in Angola together. Seeing that video actually made my day. They seemed to get along really well too, and I'm actually hoping that when during the Idol Gives Back show in the middle of this season, they invite both Elliott and Fantasia to sing together. Oh man that is going to be a blast!

It is still my dream to see and hear Fantasia perform live. And if I got to see Elliott perform in Manila (four times, at that), then I know that some dreams do come true, no matter how far-fetched they may seem. :)

No comments: