Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not the best way to start the year...

I'm sick! Damn.

I actually didn't go to work on Monday and Tuesday coz I was feeling horrible. My throat was sore, I had an awful headache for most of the day, and my body just didn't feel right. I also had a bad ache in my shoulder/neck/upper back area. Had it since the weekend actually. I was planning to hit the gym on Saturday because for the first time in weeks, my Saturday was free. Also, after my third gym session, my body didn't ache from the workout anymore. Unfortunately, when I woke up on Saturday, I had a horrible pain in my shoulder, neck, and upper back, the kind you get when you sleep in the wrong position. It really hurt all the way through Tuesday, and it was only on Wednesday that the pain abated just a bit. The crappy thing though is that it still hurts today. Not as much as a few days ago though so thank God for small mercies.

At first I thought that it may be due to the fact that I've been running myself ragged for the last few to several weeks and my body finally gave way. But when I came back to work yesterday, I realized that a lot of other people were also sick. And I have another couple of friends who are sick right now too. Makes me think that there may be some bug going around...

I just hope that I am completely well by Saturday. I am attending two weddings - Hestia and Migoy are getting married in the morning and Jenny and Aaron are getting married in the evening. And to complicate matter, I am singing three fairly difficult songs in Jenny's wedding. If my throat doesn't clear up, it's not going to be pretty. I just started taking meds yesterday and drinking a whole lot more water. Hopefully that does the trick.

No comments: