Friday, April 13, 2007

[SWEDEN] Change in Season

The forecast for this weekend is quite good. The temperature is supposed to go up to about 20 degrees Celsius, almost like summer weather I was told. In fact, that's pretty much been the temperature here over the last couple of days. There are actually a few more indications that season is changing:

  • We are now on "summertime", the Swedish equivalent of daylight savings time. We moved forward 1 hour a couple of weeks ago, so it's now a 6 hour difference from Manila, instead of the 7 hour difference during winter.
  • Daylight now is from 630am to about 8pm.
  • Flowers are starting to bloom and leaves are beginning to grow on trees now.
  • My car rental company emailed me the other day saying I should swap my car now for another one that has summer tires. I guess they could just change the tires and give me my old car but I don't know why the changed it. It sucks though coz I like my Renault Modus more than my new Ford Fiesta (which doesn't feel like it's power steering, oh and it takes some amount of effort to get the stick and pedals to move).
  • I had to turn on the air-con in my car today!
  • And people are now sitting outdoors a lot, and walking around without a jacket or sweater. Heck, I'm seeing more and more people wearing shorts now!
Before I got here, I thought that the weather would rarely go over 20 degrees Celsius, based on what I read about the South of Sweden. But if things keep going the way they are right now, I might end up with amazing weather for most of the year. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

No comments: