Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Birthday celebration part 4

During the Ramadan holiday, I met up with my high school barkada for lunch. It was initially planned for dinner but then the government declared it a holiday so we decided to meet up for lunch instead so that it wouldn’t be too late. Again, because Mitch had to be in the Ortigas area so that she was close to her home, so we ended up having lunch in Fish & Co in Shangri-la mall. I thought that would be a cool place to celebrate my birthday as well mainly because neither Joyce nor Iona had eaten there yet.

We ended up not being very smart with our orders. Practically everyone ordered the best Fish and Chips in town or the New York Fish and chips. I ordered the Baked Salmon which I recall was very, very good the first time I had it, but that day the skin was a wee bit too ‘malansa’ for my taste and so I wasn’t as impressed with I as I was the first time. Iona thought that the New York Fish and Chips she had was ‘nakakaumay’. So I guess we ended up not all that pleased on average with our lunch choice. (I was thinking afterwards that maybe we could have simply opted for Gloria Maris which I haven’t been able to eat at since the first time I was there a few months ago). But well it was still their first time to eat there so it's not all that bad.

The highlight of the day which turned out to be a bit of a let-down in the end was that Vhong Navarro had lunch there at the same time. Joyce is a HUGE fan of Vhong and she became speechless and her jaw dropped the moment she caught a glimpse of him. Joyce was constantly in two minds as to whether she should approach Vhong. On the way out, I was telling her I’d help her ask for his autograph but she said no, and then when we were about 50 meters away she all of a sudden wanted to go back. It felt too weird for me to go back though so Joyce asked Iona to accompany her. Iona felt however that it was not very appropriate coz Vhong was having lunch (or enjoying post-lunch conversation with his companions) and she felt it be intrusive to butt in.

After that, Mitch ended up buying us all coffee and dessert in Goodies N Sweets (did I spell it right?) because she had just gotten promoted. We hung out until around 330 I think because Joyce needed to go to Katipunan coz she was going to tutor someone at 4pm.

Two more birthday celebrations to go (one of which has already been celebrated and one more is still waiting). Although now that I think about it, I probably owe one more set of my friends a birthday blow out as well. But I'm not saying who lest they hold me to it. :)

No comments: