Friday, May 26, 2006

Congratulations

...to Romy Garduce, who successfully scaled Mt. Everest last Friday. He is only the third Filipino to accomplish this feat. I know this has been a long time goal of his, and not everyone who attempts the climb gets to the top so it's amazing that he managed this. I also heard that he just got off the plane, so I guess that means he is safe and sound. Which is great because stats seem to show that of all climbers who reach the summit, 20% of them die (scary stat actually, and I don't know where it is from)

...to Liverpool for winning the FA cup a couple of weekends ago. At least they ended the season with silverware, the second year in a row that they did this.

...to Martina Hingis for winning her first tournament since her comeback early this year. Granted, she didn't have to play against any of the top players. But she did beat long time rival Venus Williams along the way, as well as Dinara Safina (who I think is in the top 30 or sth). Seems that she has now reestablished herself as a solid contender, even after only a few months into her comeback after a 3-year retirement.

...to Taylor Hicks for winning American Idol. Now we have to wait half a year for the next season. Of course, there's Philippine Idol coming up. I wonder how that'll pan out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Xtn, saw your comment on my blog! Ayus na objective yan --- to be able to watch all the grand slams. Count me in if ever may plans ka tapos nagkataon na may means ako to go as well!

Ako objective ko is to watch major league baseball games in all the stadiums. So far I'm only 3 out of 30!!!

Anonymous said...

What? yuckk si Romi feeking niya guwapo cia ......