Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happy new year everyone!

Ah finally! My first blog post for 2006!

There’s pretty much only one reason why my blog would not be updated for almost a month (you get three guesses). It really has been the most difficult Yuletide season and start of a new year that I’ve ever had in my entire life (or at least that I can recall). But I’m not really complaining since a lot of things have gone, and are still going, my way.

So before I write anything else this year, I will take a quick look back at the last year to celebrate the best of 2005:

Top five highlights

  • Turning 30 (yeah I know, weird, but I really do think that it’s so cool that I’m 30 now
  • Bringing my family to Ocean Adventure then spending a weekend in Oakwood
  • Singing live on national TV (when my band performed in Breakfast)
  • Running my 3rd marathon, breaking my previous record, and raising P200K
  • My nephews getting into Community of Learners and beginning to enjoy school

Top five memorable gimmicks

  • Hanging out with college friends at the pen lobby after Jed and Ods’ wedding
  • Richie’s despedida
  • IO with office barkada for Pia’s birthday
  • Red box with the ‘Walang Kupas’ cast
  • Bukas Sarili year-end celebration

Top five favorite performances of mine

  • Ponti in January – our band’s original best-ever gig
  • 90proof – officially our best gig ever
  • Performing the role of “Roque” in the “Walang Kupas” zarzuela we staged for our company anniversary party
  • Taking on the lead role “Kulayaw” in the “Walang Kupas” repeat performance
  • Singing “Angels brought me here” in Ods and Jed’s wedding (was good enough for Joh and Raffa to notice it and ask me to sing it again in their wedding)

Top five favorite sporting moments

  • Liverpool: European Champions!
  • Liverpool getting into the Champions League this season even if they didn't make it to the top 4 of the premiership, and then proceeding to top their CL group which in fact had Chelsea in it
  • Kim Clijsters winning the US Open
  • Three Pinoy boxers (Manny Pacquiao, Brian Veloria and Boom-Boom Bautista) all winning in LA in the same night
  • Romy Garduce achieving the record for highest altitude ever reached by a Filipino, and then breaking the record half a year later!

Top five firsts

  • First time to visit Coron (Palawan) and Cagayan de Oro
  • Having a business trip in Sao Paulo (my first time there, and my first time to go to the Southern Hemisphere)
  • Becoming president of a Charity Foundation (I am now president of Bukas Sarili, who would've thought?)
  • Participating in the 3rd annual Gold’s Olympics
  • Starting a blog (and maintaining it!)

Here’s looking forward to more of the same in 2006!

No comments: