Friday, July 01, 2005

Talking about movies

I got tagged by Tanya to do this, because she thought that I would have a lot of fun answering this. Haha well she is right! So here goes:

Total number of films I own on DVD/video:

Being the OC I am, I actually put together an excel spreadsheet of all the DVDs, VCDs, and CDs that I have. Why, you ask? Well, once I wanted to listen to a couple of music CDs to rehearse a song that I needed to sing in a wedding, and lo and behold it was not in my room. I figured I needed some place to keep track of everything I had (plus the fact that Duncan had once mentioned to me that he had an inventory of all his CDs). Anyway, at the time I put the list together I had 42 DVDs and 17 VCds (well, I have a box set of all the Voltes V episodes, but I considered that to be only one video in my list). However, as you might have read in previous posts, I have bought quite a few more videos recently. So I guess I must be up to about 50 or so DVDs and 60 or so DVDs.

The last film I bought:

Wimbledon. Chick flick, I know, but the fact that it's a tennis movie made me appreciate it enough to want to own it. I recall watching it and being almost as tense as if I was watching a match involving Steffi or any other player I am rooting for at the time.

The last film I watched:

In the cinema, it was Mr. & Mrs. Smith. On video, hmm, I think Wimbledon as well. Hehe, well I can't help it. The actual Wimbledon tennis tournament is ongoing so I tennis is kinda 'in' right now.

Films that I watch a lot or mean a lot to me:

Ack, where do I start? The entire Star Wars series - I must've watched episodes 4-6 (esp 6) dozens upon dozens of times already. Episodes 1 and 2 I have watched much less but mainly because they came in several years after I had watched the first trilogy a lot already. Here are a few others (maybe in the future I will dedicate an entire post to this answer hehehe):
  • The Incredibles - I've talked about this one before
  • Sixth Sense - for the final scene but moreso for the scene before it where the mother realizes that her mother has been proud of her all those years
  • A Few Good Men - riveting story
  • The Joy Luck Club - loved the book (our whole Pisay batch did), and when I realized they were turning this into a movie, I was very skeptical. But they pulled it off, and they did it brilliantly.
  • Mighty Ducks (the first one) - best underdog sports movie of all time (well, okay, for me =))

To which five people am I passing the baton and why:

Er, I don't know five people who have a blog who hasn't sent this to me or hasn't received it already from someone. So I will just put this up in my Friendster bulletin board and have anyone have a go at it. =)

No comments: